Cleansing Your Mala:
Malas absorb and store energy, from you, other people and situations you experience so it’s a good idea to cleanse them from time to time to remove any unwanted energy.
Do cleanse them regularly as they will absorb all the energy you encounter in your daily life. My favourite way to cleanse my malas is by setting them out each full moon, and if I’m wearing them during a situation where there is a lot of negative energy around me, I will tuck them in a bag with a few pieces of black tourmaline. Black tourmaline is known for its cleansing energies. Don’t have black tourmaline? No problem, use some salt.
The salt method:
- Grab a container like a small mason jar with lid
- Put mala inside and seal it
- Grab a larger second jar and put the mala in the bottom
- Pour a cup or two of salt over that, just enough to submerge the mala.
- Let it sit for 24-48 hours or until you feel it’s done.
You can even combine this method in conjunction with the full moon for extra cleanse and recharge.
While Wearing Your Mala:Exposure to excessive sweat, sunlight, perfumes or other chemicals can damage the knotting cord. Please avoid wearing your mala while swimming, exercising or showering.